Monday, January 29, 2007

Monica's Pop Quiz

(Note that this is a pop quiz that I got from Monica's blog, not a quiz regarding Monica's pop. I just wanted to clarify that.) Even mom has this done, so I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon.

When was the last time you went to the bathroom outside?
I think mid-September. I was hiking around on the Billy Goat Trail when nature called.

Which family member do you most resemble?
I dunno. Anyone else want to answer this one?
I saw a picture of my great-(maternal)-grandmother, and it really seemed to look like me aged about 60 years. As a child, I was told that I look like my father. Blake and I look like each other, and Blake definitely looks like our father.

When was the last time you tripped and fell?
Last night! :( I was walking down the (carpeted) stairs wearing socks, carrying some boxes - a big one to take out to the curb to throw away, and a small one with my new salt lamp inside. Somehow I slipped on the step and slid down the bottom two or three. Both boxes fell out of my hands, and I landed pretty hard on my hip/side. It hurt. My right upper arm scraped the railing pretty good, and I'm quite sure I will have developed a gorgeous bruise by this evening. Maybe I will post it! I can't be worse than Monica's dead pigeon!

What are you listening to right now?
Soul 2 Squeeze by the Red Hot Chili Peppers on the radio.

Which would you rather do: rake the leaves, or mow the lawn?
It depends.
What kind of lawn mower do I have?
How big is the yard?
When was the last time each was done?
Do I also have to bag the leaves/grass clippings, or only rake/mow?
What's the weather condition outside?

What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
The program that allows me to access our work server from home.

When was the last time you swam in a pool?
Tomorrow.

Have you ever been in a school play?
Yes. Many.

How many kids do you want?
0, 2 or 3.

Which type of music you dislike most?
Twangy country or angry rap. Or uber-soprano screeching a la Celine Dion/Mariah Carey.

Are you registered to vote?
Yes. But I will admit that I do not regularly exercise my privilege.

Do you have cable?
Only for broadband internet. Not for TV.

Have you ever prank called anybody?
Yes. But not since we called 911 at the Kramers' house and got S in trouble.

What's your favorite comic strip?
Calvin and Hobbes.

Bath or shower?
Bath to relax. Shower to get clean.

Best movie you've seen in the past two weeks?
I think The Recruit is the only movie I've seen in the last two weeks.

Best pizza topping?
Cheeeeeese. Or ham and pineapple.

Peanuts or popcorn?
Popcorn.

Ever order anything from an infomercial?
Actually, yes - the Time-Life Classic Country Great Story Songs CDs in the dark days before the world wide web. It was a gift.

Sprite or 7-Up?
Whatever's cold. I prefer 7-Up though. I find it drier and less sweet.

Ever had to wear a uniform to work/school?
Yes and yes.

Ever thrown up in public?
Yup.

Would you prefer being a millionaire or finding true love?
Do I get to keep the true love for ever and ever? If so, then that. If not, I'll take the money.

Do you believe in love at first sight?
I think it depends on what your definition of "love" is.

What do you think about most?
My life. What I want and how to get it. And my family and very close friends.

RANDOM QUESTIONS:
(Because the previous ones were somehow structured?)

Name something purple within 5 feet of you:
Fluorescent hi-lighter.

What is the sexiest item of clothing you own?
My skin. Sexy is as sexy does.

Is your hair long enough to chew on?
Yes. For now. I've really been toying with the idea of cutting it quite short.

What's your least favorite color?
Yellow.

Did you have a good weekend?
Yes I did. A very good weekend.

How is today going for you?
OK. Its work. My friend Kiran may stop by for lunch, if she is able to finish some reading for class before I get too hungry to wait any longer.

Do you have any plans for tonight?
Clean my room :)
Perhaps tackle the pile of papers threatening to topple off my desk-top.
Pack my stuff for swimming tomorrow :)
Watch "24" with Blake, who is trying to get someone else hooked on it.

Have you ever photographed something that was dead?
Not that I recall. But I'll keep you posted if anything comes to mind.

Name your most recent purchase:
Grande skim mocha this morning.

2 comments:

monica said...

Nice job. Your answer to the question about the last time you swam in a pool blew my mind, man.

Anonymous said...

I rather liked your answer about swimming. Reminds me of time travel like in Madeline L'Engle series. 8-)

Somehow I don't remember answering some of these questions. Could my copy and paste function have malfunctioned??

And, finally, what's wrong with the color yellow? What did yellow ever do to you and Monica anyway?