Thursday, January 25, 2007

Drained

I am so worn out!
This week has been absolutely hellacious at work. I finished up a big project today, so I'm hoping that things will calm down at least a little. I'm still going to have full, long days until we get a couple reports out in mid-May, but hopefully I'll have respite from the long days I've been pulling. I came in for ten hours on Sunday, had a regular day Monday, and then pulled back-to-back twelve hour days Tuesday and yesterday. I also got set up to be able to access our work server from my home computer, which means - joy of all joys - the fun doesn't have to end when I leave my office building. I can work on my data spreadsheets well after the moon rises. Yip!
I have a headache and am absolutely drained of intelligent thought. Last night, there were three of us who stuck around trying to get this thing out, and by the time we left, none of us were speaking in grammatically sound sentences.
Bleghpphjjdt!

In better news, though, I'm looking forward to a good weekend.
I'm leaving work early tomorrow to meet with Johns Hopkins School of Public Health admissions people. And if I'm lucky, Marianne will be in the Baltimore area, and will be able to play with me! On Sunday, I'm going to a party for Becca. And on Tuesday, I'm swimming with the Fairfax Masters team again. All I gotta do is make it through the rest of today and tomorrow morning.

Keep on truckin', keep on truckin'...
I think I can, I think I can ...

4 comments:

monica said...

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

P.S. I think you get the gold star this week.

Marisa said...

heehee...
i like it ...
just keep swimmin, just keep swimmin

what a great ditty to have stuck in my head while i drive to baltimore!

Marisa said...

oh, and thanks for the gold star. i shall post it appropriately. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on joining a masters swim!!