Tuesday, September 13, 2005

N.S.M.I.E.

Today I coined the term NSMIE (EHN-smee): Non-Specific Malaise of Indeterminate Etiology. Coincidentally enough, I also diagnosed myself today with NSMIE.

In other news, I haven't got all the software reinstalled on the home computer yet. For some reason, my firewall isn't allowing Napster to access the internet. In the McAfee settings, the Napster program is allowed full access, and yet, Napster will not work when the firewall is enabled. Any suggestions from those of you smarter than me in matters such as this?

At least I got my "books" sidebar updated. *sigh* Simple victories.

4 comments:

JR said...

I take it McAfee is your firewall software? Are you behind a router as well?

Marisa said...

Yep, McAfee is my security software. Not behind a router.

monica said...

Hey, I think I have NSMIE too! Is it genetic? Hang in there with the computer. I've been there, so I know how much fun it isn't.

JR said...

Well, IDK if you are "hooked" on McAfee or not, but I really like TrendMirco's Internet Security suite. It's an excellent antivirus program, and it has firewall and all that good jazz. But it's very lite on system resources, doens't drag stuff down.

Oh, and you DO want firewall software, especially not being behind a router!