Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Not To Be Out-Blogged

My sister Monica started a blog.

A couple weeks ago, I told mom that I thought she (mom) should start one. I think it would be a great way for her to tell her prodigal kids (wait - if we're all here, and she's over there ... doesn't that make her the wayward one?) and friends of her daily goings-on in eastern Europe. I was waiting until I had a few more posts to have a coming-out... er, rather... blog-release announcement, but I shared the existence of my blog with mom in an effort to encourage her to create one for herself.

Although mom has yet to take my suggestion, she did share it with Monica, who engaged (hee hee, I'm so witty!) You can link to it from this page. So it seems that I, whose suggestion of "Speckle" as the name for the family dog was unanimously turned down, whose fashion sense was regularly ridiculed (I was just before my time!), and whose propensity for seeking out - and developing an allergic reaction to - strange and exciting flora and fauna impacted more than one family vacation; I can proudly claim responsibility for starting a family craze. This makes the fourth, as I am also crediting myself for introducing the webcam, the concept of butt-stamping, and the use of the word "meh".

All of that background was written as an explanation of this pledge: I intend to start posting more. My competitive fires are stoked and my literary creativity is incited.

...And I think mom should start a blog.

4 comments:

monica said...

I'm not sure you can consider butt-stamping a family craze, BUT (pun intended) you do deserve credit (blame?) for nudging me into blogging. And I agree: mom should start a blog!

Anonymous said...

Well, MEH! I'm still thinking about it. I can't think of anything to blog about!

Anonymous said...

BTW, very cute photo. I'm anonymous bc i'm not a blogger....yet.

monica said...

By the way, you're losing the blog war... heh heh heh!